Mexico.- This day, the tropical wave No. 31 It will slowly travel through southern Mexico, interacting with a low pressure channel that will extend from the west to the center of the Mexican Republic, causing strong to very strong storms in both regions, with occasional intense rains in Guerrero and Michoacán.
Low pressure channels spread over the northwest and east of the country, will cause rains, electric shocks and possible hail fall in these regions.
Also, it will prevail hot environment over the border states of northern Mexico, as well as in the Yucatan Peninsula.
Rain forecast for today September 17, 2021:
- Very heavy rains with intense punctual rains (75 to 150 mm): Guerrero and Michoacán.
- Heavy rains with very strong punctual rains (50 to 75 mm): Jalisco, Guanajuato, State of Mexico, Oaxaca and Chiapas.
- Intervals of showers with strong punctual rains (25 to 50 mm): Sonora, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Querétaro, Mexico City, Morelos, Puebla, Veracruz, Tabasco and Campeche.
- Showers intervals (5 to 25 mm): Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Sinaloa, Durango, Nuevo León, Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, Nayarit, Colima, Hidalgo, Tlaxcala, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
- Isolated showers (0.1 to 5 mm): Coahuila.
- Possible hail fall: Tamaulipas, Jalisco, Michoacán, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo, State of Mexico, Guerrero, Tlaxcala and Puebla.
- The rains could be accompanied by electric shocks, strong winds and falling hail that could generate landslides and floods.
Forecast of minimum temperatures for today September 17, 2021:
- Minimum temperatures of 0 to 5 ° C and possible frosts: mountainous areas of Chihuahua, Durango, State of Mexico, Tlaxcala and Puebla.
Forecast of maximum temperatures for today September 17, 2021:
- Maximum temperatures of 35 to 40 ° C: Baja California, Sonora, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
Read more: 16 children will be vaccinated against Covid-19 in Oaxaca
Wind and wave forecast for today September 17, 2021:
- Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km / h: Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sonora, Coahuila and Nuevo León.
- Waves from 1 to 2 m high: western coast of the Baja California Peninsula, coast of Michoacán, Colima, Guerrero and Chiapas.