Mexico.- This day, the Mexican monsoon will generate heavy rains at times very strong and possible hailstorms in areas of Sonora, Chihuahua, Durango and Sinaloa, in addition to heavy rains on the Baja California Peninsula.
The Tropical Depression “Nine-E” o possible tropical storm (“Howard”) will move south of the coast of Baja California Sur, its wide circulation will cause strong winds and waves of 1 to 2 meters in height on the coasts of Jalisco and Baja California Sur, in addition to reinforcing the probability of heavy rains in the west of the Mexican Republic.
Low pressure channels will prevail over the north, northeast, west, center, east and southeast of the national territory, including the Yucatan Peninsula and, in combination with the entry of moisture from the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico and higher atmospheric instability, will cause showers afternoon and strong punctual rains over the mentioned regions, very strong punctual rains in areas of Jalisco, Colima, Guerrero, Tabasco and Chiapas, in addition to intense punctual rains in Veracruz and Oaxaca.
will continue the hot environment to very hot over entities of the northwest, north and northeast of the Mexican territory, being able to exceed 40 °C in Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.
Rain forecast for today August 7, 2022:
- Very strong rains with intense punctual rains (75 to 150 mm): Veracruz and Oaxaca.
- Heavy rains with very strong punctual rains (50 to 75 mm): Sonora, Chihuahua, Jalisco, Colima, Guerrero, Tabasco and Chiapas.
- Intervals of showers with strong punctual rains (25 to 50 mm): Baja California Sur, Sinaloa, Durango, Nayarit, Michoacán, Hidalgo, State of Mexico, Morelos, Puebla, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
- Shower intervals (5 to 25 mm): Baja California, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Mexico City and Tlaxcala.
- Isolated rains (0.1 to 5 mm): Aguascalientes.
- The rains will be accompanied by electric shocks, strong winds and probable hail fall. Likewise, they could cause an increase in the levels of rivers and streams, landslides and floods.
Forecast of minimum temperatures for today August 07, 2022:
- Minimum temperatures from 0 to 5 °C: mountainous areas of Hidalgo, State of Mexico, Tlaxcala, Puebla and Veracruz.
Forecast of maximum temperatures for today August 07, 2022:
- Maximum temperatures from 40 to 45 °C: Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.
- Maximum temperatures from 35 to 40 °C: Durango, Zacatecas, Sinaloa, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacan, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Chiapas, San Luis Potosí, Veracruz, Tabasco, Campeche and Yucatan.
- Maximum temperatures from 30 to 35 °C: Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo (north), Puebla (southwest), Morelos (south) and Quintana Roo.
We recommend you read:
Mexico reports slight decrease in Covid-19, registers 14,448 new infections
In Quintana Roo, more than 130,000 lack drinking water: Ministry of Welfare
Wind and wave forecast for today August 7, 2022:
- Wind with gusts of 60 to 70 km/h: Coahuila, Nuevo León, Isthmus and Gulf of Tehuantepec.
- Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km/h and waves of 1 to 2 meters high: coasts of Baja California Sur and Jalisco.
- Winds with gusts of 50 to 60 km/h: Sonora, Chihuahua, Tamaulipas, Durango, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Puebla, Tabasco, Campeche and Yucatan.