Mexico.- For today, the mexican monsoon over the northwest of the national territory, will generate heavy rains in Chihuahua and Durango and very strong in Sonora and Sinaloa, all accompanied by electric shocks and possible hailstorms, as well as showers in Baja California.
Tropical storm “Howard” will move to the southwest of the Baja California Peninsula and its wide circulation will produce strong winds with waves of 1 to 2 meters high on the coast of Baja California Sur.
Low pressure channels will prevail over the northeast, west, center, east and southeast of the national territory and in interaction with higher atmospheric instability and with the entry of moisture from the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico will cause afternoon showers in the northern and northeastern states of the territory. , heavy punctual rains in Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán, Mexico City, Hidalgo, Puebla and Tabasco; and very strong punctual rains in areas of Nayarit, Guerrero, State of Mexico, Morelos and Veracruz, in addition to intense punctual rains in areas of Oaxaca and Chiapas. The new tropical wave No. 20 that will cross the Yucatan Peninsula, will cause heavy rains in Quintana Roo, Yucatan and Campeche.
Finally, the warm to hot evening environment will continue in most of the entities of the Mexican Republic, with very hot maximum temperatures, which could exceed 40 °C in areas of Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas. .
Rain forecast for today August 8, 2022:
- Very strong rains with intense punctual rains (75 to 150 mm): Oaxaca and Chiapas.
- Heavy rains with very strong punctual rains (50 to 75 mm): Sonora, Sinaloa, Nayarit, State of Mexico, Morelos, Guerrero and Veracruz.
- Rainy intervals with heavy spot rains (25 to 50 mm): Chihuahua, Durango, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacan, Mexico City, Hidalgo, Puebla, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
- Intervals of showers (5 to 25 mm): Baja California, Baja California Sur, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Tamaulipas, Guanajuato, Querétaro and Tlaxcala.
- Isolated rains (0.1 to 5 mm): Aguascalientes.
- The rains will be accompanied by electric shocks, strong winds and probable hail fall. Likewise, they could cause an increase in the levels of rivers and streams, landslides and floods.
Forecast of minimum temperatures for today’s morning, August 8, 2022:
- Minimum temperatures from 0 to 5 °C: high areas of the State of Mexico, Hidalgo, Tlaxcala, Puebla and Veracruz.
Forecast of maximum temperatures for today August 8, 2022:
- Maximum temperatures from 40 to 45 °C: Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.
- Maximum temperatures from 35 to 40 °C: Baja Southern California, Sinaloa, Durango, San Luis Potosí, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacan, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Chiapas, Veracruz, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
- Maximum temperatures from 30 to 35 °C: Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo (north), Puebla (southwest) and Morelos (south).
We recommend you read:
The current carried them away! This is how the floods are experienced in Campeche (videos)
They leave pipers aside to family to give help
Wind and wave forecast for today August 8, 2022:
- Wind with gusts of 60 to 70 km/h: Isthmus and coasts of the Gulf of Tehuantepec.
- Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km/h and waves of 1 to 2 meters high: coast of Baja California Sur.
- Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km/h: Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Durango, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Tamaulipas, Puebla and the coasts of Campeche and Yucatán.