Mexico.- This Friday, a low pressure channel will extend over the Sierra Madre Occidental and will interact with the entry of moisture from the Pacific Ocean and with instability at high levels of the atmosphere, causing very heavy punctual rains in Nayarit and strong in Sonora, Sinaloa, Jalisco, Colima and Michoacán.
A second low pressure channel in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico, the extended monsoon trough off the Mexican South Pacific coast, and a low pressure zone with probability of cyclonic development located in the south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec, they will produce punctual torrential rains in Chiapas, intense in Oaxaca, very strong in Veracruz and Tabasco, as well as heavy rains in Puebla and Campeche; same that could cause an increase in the levels of rivers and streams, landslides and floods in low areas of said entities.
Finally, it is predicted hot to very hot evening environment with maximum temperatures above 35°C in areas of Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Sinaloa, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas and Guerrero.
Rain forecast for today September 23, 2022:
- Intense rains with punctual torrential rains (150 to 250 mm): Chiapas.
- Very strong rains with intense punctual rains (75 to 150 mm): Oaxaca.
- Heavy rains with very strong punctual rains (50 to 75 mm): Nayarit, Veracruz and Tabasco.
- Rainy intervals with heavy spot rains (25 to 50 mm): Sonora, Sinaloa, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacan, Guerrero, Puebla and Campeche.
- Intervals of showers (5 to 25 mm): Baja California, Baja California Sur, Durango, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, State of Mexico, Mexico City, Morelos, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
- Isolated rain (0.1 to 5 mm): Chihuahua, Guanajuato, Hidalgo and Tlaxcala.
- The aforementioned rains may be accompanied by electric shocks, strong gusts of wind and possible hail, in addition, they could increase the levels of rivers and streams and cause landslides and floods.
Forecast of minimum temperatures for the morning of September 23, 2022:
- Minimum temperatures from 0 to 5 °C: mountainous areas of Chihuahua, Durango, Guanajuato, Michoacan, Mexico State, Tlaxcala, Puebla and Veracruz.
Forecast of maximum temperatures for today September 23, 2022:
- Maximum temperatures from 35 to 40 °C: Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Sinaloa, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas and Guerrero.
- Maximum temperatures from 30 to 35 °C: Baja Southern California, Durango, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacan, Hidalgo, Oaxaca, Chiapas, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
We recommend you read:
Pemex pensioners and retirees block the US Consulate in Mérida, Yucatán
The Pacific Ocean is a great tsunami factory for Mexico
Wind forecast for today September 23, 2022:
- Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km/h: Sonora, Coahuila, Nuevo León and the coast of Oaxaca.