Leon, Guanajuato.- A total of 11 people have been detained in the state of Guanajuato as a result of the violent events that have been recorded in the last few hours in various municipalities of the state.
It has been the governor of Guanajuato, Diego Sinhue Rodríguez Vallejo, who has reported on the result of the security operations implemented since last night in the entity after alleged members of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) began a series of burning of vehicles and businesses in municipalities such as Irapuato, Celaya, Guanajuato (capital) Salamanca and Silao.
The president pointed out that criminals seek to “cause fear and confusion” with these fires, however, it has already been possible to arrest 11 criminals who, he said, “will be brought to justice” Along with the others who are already looking for the team of the State Attorney General’s Office, he warned. He also clarified that there are no injured people.
Of the total number of businesses affected, it was Femsa’s Corporate Communications area that announced that they were a total of 25 convenience stores of the OXXO chain which presented partial and total damage.
Finally, the governor of Guanajuato clarified that despite the attacks generated in the state “circulation and activity will not be suspended at any time”contradictory statements to the indications to suspend activities that have been issued by educational institutions such as the University of Guanajuato, De La Salle Bajío University, Kipling Campus Irapuato, TEC de Monterrey and State College of Scientific and Technological Studies (CECyTE).
IN JALISCO THEY ALSO REPORT ARRESTS
The Governor of Jalisco, Enrique Alfaro Ramirezalso issued a report this morning in which it released a preliminary balance of the operations held only in the municipality of Ixtlahuacan del Riowhere last night there was a armed confrontation between the Mexican Army and members of the CJNG, which denoted a violent day both in this state and in Guanajuato. In his report he reported:
– 7 vehicles burned in Ixtlahuacán del Río (in addition to the 6 burned in the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area)
– 5 detainees (names have not been revealed, but unofficially it has been said that they would be Ricardo Ruiz Velazco “The Double R” o “The Gut”who in addition to being a strong operator of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) would be an alleged stepson of Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes.
– 1 criminal killed (in social networks the nickname of “The Little Cousin”)
– 9 insured vehicles (including one with handmade armor)
– 31 secured firearms (4 machine guns, a handgun and explosives)