it is becoming more common to travel with pets, who have already become part of the family, however, there are still people who do not do it out of fear, because they are not informed about how to cope with an outing with these faithful friends, so we tell you the best tips to do it without worries .
Today many know how to travel safely with your pets, whether to a field, beach, open place, even to another city, so the use of seat belts is one of the main issues, as well as the safety straps that help to secure them at the rear of the vehicle.
In addition, at all times you must ensure that they feel safe, as well as help them feel that way, whether in a box or space exclusively for them. But these are just a few of the top tips.
Tips for traveling safely with your pet:
- The first, and probably most important, is to empathize with the pet, take into account if it is not used to making trips to choose to start with small trips by road and increase the travel time, to accustom it to doing one of more time in the future.
- You should always offer him light food, this about four hours into the trip and always avoid feeding him in the vehicle, especially when he is on the move.
- Making frequent stops along the way is also important, as it will help the pet to give him his space, the opportunity to stretch and carry out his needs, should he need it.
- Take into account the pet’s favorite treats, toys and foods, to motivate him to continue behaving well during the trip.
- Go out with the pet’s medical records, as they might be needed at any time, and also carry a pet first aid kit.
- In case of fear for the pet, you can opt for the microchips that release the location in real time in case it is lost during the trip. If you already have one, you will have to verify that the information is correct and up-to-date.
- Preventing the pet from sticking his head out the window, although for many it is a lot of fun, this could cause damage to his eyes due to debris flying everywhere, mainly on roads.
Read more: To give the cry! Get to know the Route of Independence in Guanajuato
- Finally, never leave the pet in your parked vehicle, so it is important to always plan visits to places that are pet friendly and never abandon the travel companion.