Is it possible to overdose on vitamins?

The vitamins They are substances that the body requires for its proper functioning. They are generally recommended when a person feels tired, has hair loss, or wants to improve the appearance of the skin.

Vitamins should be ingested under the recommendation of a doctor, since if you ingest amounts greater than those recommended, you run the risk of a multivitamin overdose.

Although any ingredient in a multivitamin supplement can be toxic, special attention should be paid to iron and calcium supplements, MedlinePlus indicates.

Multivitamin overdose is known as hypervitamonosis. The most toxic vitamins are D, and A, it can also be vitamin B3. Other vitamins, however, are very little toxic or practically harmless.

Vitamin overdose can occur more often because all vitamins can be purchased without a prescription.

Read more: What fruits and vegetables contain vitamin B?

Symptoms of vitamin overdose:

Below are the symptoms of a multivitamin overdose in different parts of the body.

Cloudy urine
Frequent urge to urinate
Increased amount of urine

  • Eyes, ears, nose, mouth and throat

Dry and chapped lips (from chronic overdose)
Eye irritation
Increased sensitivity of the eyes to light

Irregular heartbeat
Fast heartbeat

  • Muscles and joints

Bone pain
Joint pain
Muscle pain
Muscular weakness

Confusion, mood swings
Seizures (epileptic seizures)
Fainting
Fatigue
Headache
Mental changes
Irritability

Flushing (redness of the skin) from niacin (vitamin B3)
Dry and cracked skin
Itching, burning skin, or rash
Yellow and orange areas on the skin
Sun sensitivity (more susceptible to sunburn)
Hair loss (from prolonged overdose)

Intestinal bleeding (from iron)
Loss of appetite
Constipation (from iron or calcium)
Diarrhea, possibly bloody
Nausea and vomiting
Stomach ache
Weight loss (from prolonged overdose)

Read more: How many B-complex pills should you take a day?

They shave off a woman’s hair for stealing at a Guadalajara tianguis

.

Leave a Comment